Monday 3 January 2011

Samira & Aftab Engagement Party

At first I had no idea how I was going to display the large cookie pops on the tables. They were so heavy because of the ellaborate icing decoration on them that nothing would hold it's weight. A week before the Engagement party my genius of a mother had an idea of buying wine glasses, pouring pink sugar in these glasses and then using them as holders for the cookie pops. It worked perfectly well, and looked unusually classy! I also now have a lifetime supply of pink sugar, which I use when guests request tea...I can assure you it doesnt turn the tea pink (which is a bit of a shame really)...x


Cookie pops!! These truly have the adorability factor...Instead of name place cards on the tables, Samirah wanted large cookie pops...what a fantastic idea! Plus they set the fairytail setting off perfectly. better still, when I went back late that night to collect my cake stands, I saw the kids munching on these with delight, so it felt good to know they were actualy eaten by the most important guests of all!x


My pretty frilly floral cake. Cuty pie she realy is... Two moist layers of lemon cake, sandwhiched with homemade raspberry jam and lemon flavoured buttercream! Seriously, dont you just want to take her home?














A close up of my embroidery skills! ;)















My first attempt at a cake shaped as a pillow! Cant help but smile at the final result! Samirah initially wanted to place her REAL engagemnt rings on the cake throughout the party, but on her cake consultation with me, I highely recommended her to think twice!! I was then inspired to make the rings myself out of sugarpaste!






Vanilla Bean sponge, with a lucious homeade raspberry jam filling, topped with Vanilla frosting and baby pink eadible pearls...x

I am happy :D
Samirah was very pleased with her engagement cakes on Sunday. Being part of making a bride smile on her special day is an extraordinary feeling! After a week of watching the baby swap story in Eastenders (mothers seem to be going mental over the storyline all over the country....honestly relax mummys, come and stuff a Mocha flavoured cupcake in your mouth!) a happy bride is exactly what I needed for a bit of joy!

The cakes and cookie pops went perfectly well with the décor of the venue. The Engagement party was kept at Starlight Banqueting Suite in Leyton. The venue holds around 250 guests, but the party was kept small so the hall didn’t look too cramp which was good. The atmosphere in the suite was very sweet and romantic; Samirah had chosen everything to be baby pink and white!

When I stepped in I almost felt like I should have been wearing my prom dress. I don’t actually own a prom dress, in my school days we didn’t have proms, it was just in American movies…

Getting back to the engagement party décor…I expected pink and white marshmallows (Has to be Princess make, blue packet, as it states on the pack they are seductively soft + fat free! Look who’s talking about fat freeness) in the centre of the tables but was disappointed when I only saw a vase 

Anyhow, I used plenty of candles and roses around the cupcake display to set the dreamy scene off perfectly! I adore floating candles, so I placed them in pink water and kept the white roses afloat with the candles. I have an aunt, and when she thinks something looks pretty she would say, “Ohhh so pretty, just like meee!” this would have been the perfect moment to say it!

No comments:

Post a Comment